During a client’s evolving journey with Blackfinch, we collect a wealth of GDPR-compliant data, and use this to improve their experience through better overall service and targeted communications. We are looking to hire a Data Science Intern who is excited by the investment world and able to apply analytical rigour and machine learning to help more clients invest in better products. This individual will work remotely performing projects in line with Blackfinch Group’s data strategy.
- Collect and pre-process data from internal and external sources.
- Conduct research then develop prototypes and proof of concepts.
- Build models and classifiers to drive actionable, commercial insight.
- Communicate results and ideas to key stakeholders across the business.
- Experience applying data science to commercial challenges.
- Experience developing predictive and classification models.
- Experience with Python, Jupyter notebooks and Scikit-learn.
- Experience in financial or investment industry.
- AWS S3, Glue, Athena, Lambdas and other cloud technologies.
- Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Kibana, NLTK, Pandas and Numpy.
- Data flow pipelines, Data Warehousing, Data Visualisation, ETL.
- The use of natural language processing.
- A degree (or in progress) in Computer Science, Data Science or related field.